Preparing for Success
The high school years serve as the capstone experience at Lamar School. Our students are conditioned for sucess through exposure to a rigorous curriculum taught by teachers who recognize and encourage critical thought, hands-on investigation, and independence. With an average ACT score of 26 along with National Merit recognition and numerous scholarship offerings annually, Lamar School undeniably prepares graduates for life at the college level and beyond.
The High School Difference allows students to:
- Engage in an intentional colege preparatory curriculum with advanced placement and dual college credit class offerings.
- Learn to be effective commuicators theough a curriculum with a heavy emphasis on writing and speech.
- Select from a variety of electives, such as art, communications, music, theater, languages, along with dozens of on-line options.
- Utilize technology through the Apple 1:1 program to increase engagement and create a student-centered, authentic personalized learning mode.
- Choose from multiple enrichemnt opportunities in a variety of extra-curricular activities including sports, visual and performing arts, competitive academic teams, and service organizations.
- Expand horizons through travel opportunities throughout our country and abroad.