Nurturing through Transition
We recognize that middle school is a time when much personal growth takes place as the independent learner emerges. During sixth through eighth grades, students are provided with steady guidance by supportive staff as greater expectations are placed on behavior and commitments.
The Middle School Difference allows students to:
- Participate in a language curriculum emphasizing the development of competent writers and communicators.
- Receive rigorous math instruction which wil foster preparedness for upper level math classes.
- Collaborate with classmates through STEM, a uniquely integrated learning enviornment, providing hands-on experiences in a state-of-the-art Pitsco lab.
- Continue to explore and appreciate the humanities through chorus, drama, and visual arts.
- Learn core values and healthy social habits to help provide an anchor in their ever-changing environment.
- Experience being part of a team through extra-curricular activities such as Quiz Bowl Team, Junior Beta Club and various junior varsity sports.
- Explore the wider world through field trips, including a class trip to Washington, D.C.