Building Foundations for the Future
Lamar's Pre-Kindergarten program is designed to give your child the best possible beginning. Our 4-year old preschoolers quickly become a part of the Lamar family, feeling safe and secure in the elementary environment. We strive to instill a life-long love of learning by providing a nurturing atmosphere where preschoolers are able to explore the world around them, learning through hands-on center and play.
The Pre-K Difference allows students to:
- Be loved and nurtured by caring, certified teachers and assistant teachers.
- Cultivate social, emotional, and school-readiness skills.
- Explore math, science, and technology with hands-on activities and iPads.
- Enjoy field trips and special community guests.
- Engage in music and art classes.
- Be introduced to the Spanish language and culture.
- Learn teamwork and build gross-motor skills in physical education classes.
- Participate in reading enrichment and literacy development in the classroom and in the library.