Valley Services is the food service provider for Lamar School. Each student is provided with an account into which parents deposit money. When a student purchases lunch or a snack, the fee is debited from the student's account.
A lunch for elementary students is $4.25 and $4.75 for middle/high school plate lunch. Middle and high school students also have the option of various grill items.
Middle and high school students have snack options during their break time. Prices vary for snack and grill items.
As a parent, you can have the peace of mind by knowing your child always has lunch money by signing up for an account at MyPaymentsPlus. My Payments Plus is a convenient, secure way to make funds available to your child for use in dining services.
TO OPEN A NEW DINING PAYMENT ACCOUNT
1. Go to www.mypaymentsplus.com.
2. Click “Register Now.”
3. Fill in the required information on the “Parent Account Sign-Up Page.”
4. Select “State” and then select “Lamar School.”
5. Create a parent User ID and Password.
6. Click “Register.”
7. Add student ID Number and then last name. Student ID numbers are found at the top of the page or by calling the school office.
8. Repeat step 7 for every student in your family.
MAKE A PAYMENT -- 2 EASY METHODS
1. Pay in the school office: Cash or checks are accepted in either office. Please verify the student’s name and “Lunch” in the memo line. No convenience fee is associated with payments made at the office.
2. MyPaymentsPlus.com: You may log-in to your account and pay on-line. There is a $2.00 transaction fee for each ACH transaction; or a 4.75% convenience fee for each credit/debit card transaction charge by MyPaymentsPlus.
NOTE: All payments made by midnight Eastern-time (11pm CST) each night will be posted to each child’s account balance the following day. If the payment is made after this time, the funds will not be available for the student to use at check-out until the following day.
3. Set up email reminders for low balances by logging into your account and clicking “make a Payment” and then “Low Balance Notifications.”
Direct questions regarding account balances or general service to the Food Service Director at email@example.com.